Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mustache & Eyebrows

After learning how to make a wound appliance, we learned how to use latex to make a mustache and eyebrows using crepe hair.  This was a fun project.  When I first began adding the hair on my mustache I was a bit frustrated.  It was hard to get the hair in the right place in order to make it look realistic and as if it were really growing from a follicle.  After I had some practice on the mustache I had a much easier time on my eyebrows.  Below are some pictures.....



I first drew the shape of the mustache I wanted on paper.
This is my mustache after I added the crepe hair, but before I trimmed it.

 
This is the outline of the mustache on the lace.  It's sort of hard to see. There was a glare from the acetate.

In order to put the eyebrows on our face, we had to first soap out our eyebrows in order to make them disappear.  We then attached the eyebrows above our real eyebrows. Here are the pictures of that...



We first used the soap to flatten our eyebrows down.

 
Then we used makeup to cover them up.

Then we applied the appliances using spirit gum.  Here are the pictures of my final product:
I used the brown and blond crepe hair and blended them to make my mustache & eyebrows.

I gave myself a little cleft in my chin, which was surprisingly very easy.

Heh heh heh.

Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment