Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Chapter 5

I really enjoyed Chapter 5! It was cool to actually learn about some anatomy. I felt proud when I was able to name some bones of the face for my biology major roommate! She was pretty impressed that we study the bones and muscles of the face for stage makeup. =]. I had never given much thought about my skull in relation to my makeup before. I can now understand and appreciate why it's so important to know what's under your skin in order to apply makeup effectively. I especially liked the exercise outlined in the book that we did in class on Monday. It was sort of a very surreal experience for me. I don't mean to sound like a freak, but the whole time I couldn't stop thinking about how I'm going to die someday! I usually just connect skulls to death...and it's not everyday that you focus on your own skull for a whole class. I was just being reminded that it's inevitable that my face will just be a skull one day. SCARY! Sorry, I just had to throw that out there. But it was cool to feel the shape of my own bone structure.

I also thought it was cool to draw our bones on our own picture. It's really interesting to see the shape of my jaw and eye sockets and how they contribute to my face shape and ultimately what I look like. I haven't yet had time to do the exercise Matt so cleverly thought up, but I plan on it.

1 comment:

  1. I had though the same thing about looking at the skull bones on my face and thinking what my skull will look like when I die too Bre! Also I think it's helpful too be aware of those bones, even though I haven't drawn the lines on my face either yet.

    ReplyDelete